Sister Five

Friday, February 10, 2006

Friday-Remembering Teresa

I just wanted to stop and remember my best friend from High School (Karen)'s sister Teresa.
She died 5 years ago today. I think she was only 40 or 41 when she died. She battled serious cancer for about 10 years and was one of the bravest people I know. She had her leg amputated and fought until the end, while keeping her sense of humor and showing us all what it means to be truly strong. I just wanted to stop a moment, on this friday, and remember her.

May the road rise to
meet you
May the wind be always at your back
May the sun shine
warm upon your face
May the rains fall
soft upon your fields
And until we meet
again
May God hold you
in the palm of
His Hand!

In memory of Teresa M. (Lally) Koetter

2 Comments:

  • At 4:54 AM, Blogger Gloria said…

    I remember Teresa very well carol, and I think of her often. I remember running into her and her family at the drive-in (I ran into her everywhere it seems). She had just lost the leg and was as happy-go-lucky as ever. Didn't realize it had been 5 years.

     
  • At 4:20 PM, Blogger L. Eubanks said…

    Wow mom. I can't believe it's been that long too.

     

Post a Comment

<< Home